Happy New Year everyone! And for those who I haven’t already told in a subtle bid for cards and presents, tomorrow is my 22nd birthday! Winter is so full of lovely things like Christmas and snow and, most importantly, my birthday, it is my favourite time of year. However, with it being the New Year, it is also a time I spend trying to evaluate and improve on the previous year.
After a lovely two weeks at home in beautiful Cumbria, chilling out with my family and friends and eating my weight in cheese and biscuits, I have come back to the reality of Luton early and managed to get a head start on some work. I had an assignment due for the start of term on Monday, which I have just finished and now I am beginning to plan what the next phase of my work will be.
In terms of my life as an artist, I feel that last year I came really far in grounding my practice and properly thinking out what I want to be producing. However, I feel like that has been mostly thought, and the reality of what I want to create has yet to be realised. Unfortunately with the degree show just around the corner and life after uni terrifyingly looming over me, I need this to be realised soon.
Last term I think I was doing really well at getting lots of work done and I think my tutors were pretty happy with the work I was doing. However, continuing the New Years theme, I will make a little resolution (alongside my new diet and exercise routine); I promise to go into the studio as much as possible, to fight through the inspiration blocks, and to produce work I can be proud of so that I can invite you all to the degree show. I am also aiming to have something to do when I finish my course, whether that will be a masters, a residency or even an actual job. So, here’s to 2011! I hope it will be a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment