Sunday, 19 December 2010

Sat in a Service Station

      So I really didn't think I'd end up blogging at all in December as there are so many other things to do. But seen as I am stuck in a service station waiting for the AA to come rescue me, I guess I can update you!
     I have had a really busy last few weeks of term, as I finally managed to sort myself out and start doing screen printing. Screen printing is a fairly simple process once you get the hang of it, and the actually printing of the work is very quick, however it takes a lot of preparation. Below is a photo of my silk-screen, which has been prepared with light sensitive emulsion and then my image has been exposed in a light box in order allow the ink to pass through where the image is.
     You may be able to tell from the photo that I am still working on a bird pattern. Since I took this photo I have completed most of my prints. It works by layering up different sections of colour and shape.
     The print-technician is only in Mondays, Fridays and alternate Thursdays, so I have been spending other days in the studio working on research, my journal, and other aspects of my work. I have been trying out a few ink blot paintings based on my bird shapes, which has been loads of fun. As an artist I am generally a control freak so painting with ink and water and printing it in this way is really interesting as I have very little control over what the ink does.
     Anyway, it is the Christmas holidays now. I have an assignment to hand in at the start of term so I need to get working on that, but other than that I don't plan on doing much art work. When I (eventually) get back to Cumbria I want to get lots of lovely pictures of wildlife in the snow and lovely landscapes.
     AA man should be here soon, fingers crossed!
     MERRY CHRISTMAS!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment