In case you are all terribly worried (which I doubt) I am all better after having the flu and I am now trying to catch up on the work I had planned to do when I was off sick. I did manage to write and hand in my proposal while I was ill, and from that I have constructed a ‘question’ around which I can base my body of work. Although this question is flexible and could change dramatically before I begin making work for the degree show, at the moment it is; “How might a body of work be established that articulates my personal responses to the natural world/the beauty in the world I see around me using painting, pattern and colour?”
I decided to do some new painting work alongside what I have been doing for my patterns, and the result is I have done an oil painting of a bird I saw in the zoo a while ago. I haven’t painted in oils for a long time and it was nice to go back to using them, and this painting has encouraged me to go on and do some more oil paintings and perhaps create a series of bird/nature paintings. Let me know what you think…
Also, I thought I’d give you a little insight into my world and post a photo of my studio space. As you can see it isn’t huge, and I am surrounded by 9 other artists on my course, but I have made it my own and generally it is a nice place to do my work.
The funny thing about a studio is how it changes. On some days, I can relax quietly listening to my own awful taste in music and disappear into my own little world. On other days there are other classes going on in the studios and I get a headache from all the background noise. And on others, it is buzzing with creativity as the other people on my course are milling around creating beautiful (or not so beautiful) things and we can discuss our work or chat about the weekend and its lovely.
I LOVE the bird painting - it is beautiful, as are you xxx
ReplyDelete